Thursday, November 03, 2005

IKEA sucks - Not surprised at all

Well although I'm not surprised I will admit to yet again being extremely disappointed by the way I have been treated by this useless piece of retail crap known as IKEA. Apparently they do not have a clue what customer service is let alone how to provide it.

Can you believe that after Monday I have not heard back from Mr. Jeff, my so-called Supervisor-Call-Back guy. I think he is just the night watchman and they said to him "here have some fun on Halloween and call this guy. Pretend to give a shit, get mad at him if you like. We've all done it. Try not to make it too obvious that you don't have a clue what you are talking about and when you've had enough tell him you're going to look into it further and let him know what you decide." I tried to insist on nailing down a time or day for him to call me back by but he refused to commit to one. Gee I fucking wonder why! Apparently he never intended on calling me back at all. Bastard. At least be honest about that.

Well Jeff, you and your useless company can go piss off. I am not going away! Next time get a real man or woman to call me, not some little peon like yourself. I will not stop until I have exhausted all avenues.

Have any suggestions about this? Want to share your own horror story about IKEA? Feel free to leave a comment and I will post it here for the whole world to see.

TAGS: | | |

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ross.

I completely agree with Ikea sucking their own meatballs.

I work with return merchandise authorization, which Ikea has really cut down to an art.

They have 'seasonal catalogs' for new items, and in the brilliant guise of marketing. Heres the deal. When the new comes in, the old goes out. AKA replacement parts, anything RMA related for that matter. HMM, I WONDER WHY.
It's for them to give us, the customers, the professional FUCKOFF I can't help you cuz we don't have it deal.

My girlfriend got a bed and dresser in the beginning of this year; January. We have our own sob story, but we were able to fix the bed using our own handiwork and clever improvisation.

To all, I suggest the same if you have problems. You really have a better chance fixing something you have no clue about, vs. going to a company that will not, cannot, and literally, works to leave you empty handed.

There is furniture out there that wont break even if you tried to do so. May cost a hefty dime, but it may save a life, say, an Ikea meat-ballsucker.